Countdown to Wedding Season: 2015 Wedding Trends
Countdown to Wedding Season: 2015 Wedding Trends Images
It's almost here; time to buy wedding presents and plane tickets for those upcoming ceremonies. We're rounding up our favorite spring and summer wedding trends this year to prepare for wedding season! These trends may also help you with your Los Angeles wedding ideas or know what to expect when that save the date arrives in the mail.
2015 wedding trends we’re watching:
- Heading west: According to The Knot weddings are heading west when it comes to décor and design. Ranch and leather abound for these receptions and offer a relaxed atmosphere with handcrafted drinks and personalized touches. Think rustic chic with mason jars and lace.
- British invasion: On the other hand, Bridal Guide predicts an influx of British themed décor entering the wedding arena this year through vintage lace and afternoon tea.
- Aerial photography: An upward trend is the use of drones to capture remarkable photos of your ceremony’s location. This is especially popular for outdoor wedding venues and we think this trend would pair really well with our location and backdrop of the San Gabriel Mountains. Another visual tool being incorporated in wedding videography is using GoPro cameras to catch more candid footage.
- Social photos: Brides and grooms are still hiring professional photographers to snap the perfect photo of their perfect day, but a new photography movement is taking over at weddings: Social photos. The wedding party picks a particular hashtag and asks guests to use that hashtag when posting on the major social media channels, making it easy for everyone to find candid photos of the big day.
- Food stations: A favorite aspect of the reception is the wedding cake, or maybe that’s just us, but as brides and grooms trend toward offering dessert tables and options beyond the tiered cake now other menu items are trying to steal some of the spotlight. Appetizers are pairing themselves with miniature cocktails, tasting stations offer anything from meatballs to tacos, and the new addition of breakfast foods to the table. We’re also seeing the trend of moving away from a formal sit-down dinner and allowing guests to eat and drink when they please.
- Drinks: For formal affairs or wedding parties seeking the wow factor, champagne towers are making a comeback as well as signature cocktails. Other couples are offering a more tailored experience using local labels or wines from their favorite vineyard. Some are even using custom-made labels featuring photography from their engagement photos for a fun and romantic visit to the bar.
- Pre-wedding events: A trend that’s been gaining popularity the past few years and made especially easy at Pacific Palms Resort is having pre-wedding events for the bridal party and groom and his groomsmen. Many of our brides start their wedding day off with a trip to the spa with their mothers and bridesmaids to relax and bond before the big day commences. We’ve also coordinated a few rounds of golf for the groom and his party for a more active bonding experience. These events also make for wonderful pre-wedding photos.
- Dressing down: The wedding dresses on the runway aren’t as ornate as they have been in previous years though the accessories create a more bold statement. The dresses of this year are taking a dressed down and simplistic approach, even moving toward the edgy of being separate pieces or jumpsuits. We’re expecting a lot of off the shoulder wedding gowns to make an appearance at our Los Angeles wedding location.
- Color of the year: We expect to see red color palettes this year with the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 being Marsala, a light red wine color. Other expected colors include: Navy, cream, and blush, purple and yellow, periwinkle and peach, and softer colors.
- Seasonal flowers: Not only does incorporating in-season flowers cut down costs for floral arrangements, it also offers flowers that are remarkably fresh and following the “just picked” trend.
- Grand entrances: A fun one for both the wedding party and the guests is the trend of choreographed dance entrances to announce the newlywed couple. What better way to get the party started than kicking it off with a mini dance party?
Did we miss any 2015 wedding trends you’re thinking of including in your wedding or have seen at other weddings? Tell us in the comments section below! If you’re looking for wedding venues in Los Angeles, we invite you to take a look at our wedding venue and packages and services. Or, you may fill out an RFP for more information on hosting your wedding at Pacific Palms Resort.