10 Reasons to host your winter conference in California
10 Reasons to host your winter conference in California Images
Winter conferences are great since you’ll be indoors most of the time anyway, but why not wow your attendees with a fantastic location they can enjoy any time of the year? We love hosting a variety of meetings, conferences, and conventions at our International Association of Conference Centers certified venue and so we’ve whittled it down to 10 reasons you should host your conferences in Southern California.
- Weather: Los Angeles area conferences are already a step above other locations with convention centers as our weather never poses a threat to your attendee’s transportation or luggage space! The sunny weather will complement you attendees’ sunny attitudes.
- Transportation: With a plethora of transportation options, from four airports and car rentals to taxis, your attendees will be able to get to the conference with ease. There are also super shuttles for the budget conscious and private transportation for those wanting to arrive in style.
- Off-site activities: We know one of the appeals for attendees to attend a conference is the chance to explore the area after the business day has ended. We love our location as guests can head over to Disneyland or Universal Studios and let out their inner children. For the cultural experience, we recommend the Getty Center, the L.A. Art Museum, or Hsi Lai Temple. Trust us, there’s no shortage of fun activities in California.
- Dining: California is known for being innovative when it comes to using fresh ingredients in favorite recipes. Whether you choose a conference center downtown or a venue that has on-site dining, your attendees will have only the best choices available for after-hours meals.
- Shopping: Known for Rodeo Drive and South Coast Plaza, California has plenty of shopping opportunities and we all know your attendees will need to buy souvenirs for their friends and colleagues back home!
- Outdoor activities: We’ve already told you how great our weather is year-round, but one of our favorite things about hosting conferences or meetings is the ability to help the attendees get outside for some fresh air and team building through golf!
- Entertainment: It seems there’s a new bar or club popping up every two days so your attendees won’t get bored for evening activities to unwind. We offer karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights which could be the perfect segue to your first company talent show!
- Relaxation: We’re known for having a laid back attitude though not of all us are surfer pros! Keep your guests relaxed about the upcoming conference in a location that touts that lifestyle. We’d also suggest choosing a venue that offers spa treatments just in case a speaker is a bit nervous before their presentation.
- Green initiatives: Californians are putting forth great effort in protecting our environment and promoting the ideas of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Many Los Angeles conference hotels designate themselves as green or environmentally friendly. This can be accomplished by using energy efficient light bulbs, eco-friendly cleaning products, and offering recycling services. Here at Pacific Palms Resorts, our event attendee notepads are made from recycled paper.
- Views: OK, we know your attendees will be paying serious attention during the conference but should their minds wander, it helps to have a glorious golf and mountain views to look at. Plus, the more photos they want to share of your event, the more exposure it gets!
Now that’s a conference room with a view!
If you’re planning a Los Angeles conference or looking for meeting space in the Los Angeles area, we’d love to talk with you about your needs. Or, feel free to submit a Request For Proposal if you’re ready.